Apprentice nursery assistant
Buttercups Nursery Ealing
|Form of employment
|Salary / Rate
£192.00 per Week
Buttercups is a group of eight, independent, boutique nurseries, all based in West London. With more than 70% of their nurseries graded 'outstanding' by OFSTED, parents place their children in Buttercup's care feeling comfortable, happy, confident and relaxed knowing they are in a secure, loving and learning environment.
Take your first steps into a rewarding career in early years education. Earn while you learn. Develop the potential in young children through on-the-job training and gain your nationally recognised qualification on the way.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Contribute to a warm, friendly and stimulating atmosphere in which the children can develop emotionally, socially and educationally through individual attention and group activities
- Give support to other team members throughout the nursery setting
- Work as part of a team in order to provide an enabling environment in which all individual children can play, learn and develop
- Look upon the nursery as a ‘whole’ where you can help be most utilised; be constantly aware of the needs of the children
- The trainee’s duties must at all times be carried out in compliance with the nursery’s equal opportunities policy
- Develop and maintain strong partnerships and communications with parents/carers to facilitate day-to-day caring and early learning needs
- Be aware of the high profile of the nursery and to uphold its standards at all times
- Be aware of sections 7 and 8 of the health and safety at work act 1974
- Commit to safeguarding children and provide support to other staff in ensuring children are kept safe and happy
- Understand that, as part of training, you will be required to move to other parts of the nursery and to other nurseries within the group
- Be flexible within working practices of the nursery. Be prepared to help where needed, including undertaking certain domestic jobs within the nursery, e.g. preparation of snack meals, cleansing equipment etc
- Work alongside the manager and staff team to ensure that the nursery’s philosophy is fulfilled
- Read, understand and adhere to all policies and procedures relevant to your role as deemed appropriate by the manager.
- GCSE English and Maths 3-9/A-D
- General knowledge of how children learn and develop
- Enjoyment of children, interest in their care, learning and development
- Ability to communicate well with adults and children
- Basic knowledge of current practices, EYFS curriculum and statutory requirements
- Very good written and spoken communication skills for report writing, maintaining children’s records and learning journeys
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of child protection issues, safety and welfare
- Ability to work with young children and their families in a sensitive and positive way
- An understanding of the needs and expectations of working parents
- Demonstrated understanding of equal opportunities
- Commitment to keeping up-to-date with developments in early years care and education including attending training courses.
- A love of working with children and developing the potential in others
- Enthusiasm and a good sense of humour
- Ability to work with a wide range of people
- Ability to work in a team or individually
- Ability to stay calm under pressure
- Demonstrated initiative
- Proven ability to maintain confidentiality relating to all matters.
£192 per week
Monday - Friday
Early years practitioner (Level 2)
Training to be provided
- Early Years Practitioner Qualification Level 2
- For level 2 apprenticeships, apprentices without English and Maths at level 2 must achieve level 1 English and Maths
- Reediness for end point assessment.
Possibility of a full-time, permanent position at the end of training with prospects of career progression to more senior roles, together with opportunities for sponsorship to acquire higher early year’s education qualifications.
How to apply
This vacancy is being managed by HCUC.
Please apply via this link: Enrola
This vacancy is closed and is no longer taking applications